Collin Hansen and I took some time last week to discuss his new book, Young, Restless, Reformed: A Journalist’s Journey with the New Calvinists (Crossway Books), which was just released last week. I have broken the interview down into three sections (podcasts), approximately 25 minutes for each section. I hope that this discussion will be interesting, helpful, and engaging.
In this part of the interview, I asked the following questions:
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, where you are from, how you became a Christian, and what you are doing these days?
2. Now would you consider yourself young, restless, and reformed?
3. So you have written on perhaps the most controversial topic today (Calvinism) from a journalistic perspective, so what brought this book about? Why did you choose to do this book in particular?
4. The subtitle of your book is “A Journalist’s Journey with the New Calvinists,” so I was wondering if you could share what is “new” about the “new Calvinists.” Are they any different from the Calvinists of yesteryear?
5. In your two years of traveling, researching, and writing, was there anything that really surprised you? Anything that caused you great concern?
So here it is: Interview with Collin Hansen, Part One
(right click, save as) :: (Total listening time: 26 minutes)
If you listened and would like to interact or discuss what we talked about, feel free to chime in on the comments section of this post. Again, big thanks to Collin for take time out to discuss his book. Part two and three are coming soon.