I have been tagged by Micah Fries and Les Puryear with the “Self-Disclosure” meme where I am supposed to disclose seven facts about myself. Knowing that these facts will not alter your life in anyway, I thought I would provide some biographical “firsts” to make it a little more fun (and embarrassing).
1. The first person I ever met in school was Caleb Clanton, on the monkey bars, at Julian Newman Elementary School in 1985. We are still best friends to this day, except he is monkeying around as professor of philosophy (ahem, Dr. Clanton) at Pepperdine, and I am making a career out of being a seminary student! We still like to kick around Kierkegaard and debate issues of religious pluralism.
2. I had my first “real” (okay sort of real) girlfriend in the fifth grade. Two other things happened during this time: the first time I was beaten in arm wrestling (of all people, my girlfriend!) and was the first flag corp captain of Brookhill Elementary School (yeah baby!).
3. The first song I ever memorized (not counting Children’s Church) was “2 Legit 2 Quit” by MC Hammer in the 6th grade. I used to get down – trust me.
4. My first trophy was when I came in third place at the Mary Esther Elementary Turkey Trot in 1983. My second was when I played in the Little League World Series the following year.
5. I first learned to type when, in middle school, I would open the World Book Encyclopedia and begin typing through entire entries, sometimes four hours a day!
6. The first drafts to half my blogposts come while in the shower; the other half come in the car on the way home from work at 4:00 a.m.
7. The first book I ever read was Left Behind when I was 19 years old. Needless to say, I left it behind too. 😉
Now, no one is allowed to do any psycho-analysis of these seven facts!
I am supposed to tag seven other bloggers, and since I have just come to meet some of you, I am going to tag: