For those of you heading down (or up for me) to Orlando in two weeks for the SBC Annual Meeting, you will want to be sure to sign up for the Baptist21 Luncheon and Panel Discussion. This is an opportunity to hear and discuss important issues related to the SBC and Great Commission Resurgence and give voice to the younger generation supporting gospel renewal and missional vision. On a selfish note, I hear that books will be given away as well. The details are listed below,, and to register for this event, click here. Check out their promo with David Platt . . .
B21 Panel Info:
WHEN: June 15th 11:30 am – 1:30 pm (during the lunch break of this year’s Southern Baptist Convention in Orlando immediately following President Hunt’s address). Lunch will be provided.
WHERE: The panel will be on site at the Convention in the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC), W414
WHO is on the b21 panel:
WHY: This is a pivotal year for the SBC with the report coming from the Great Commission Resurgence Task Force. This could be a “tipping point” for our future. We want to have significant leaders help guide us in thinking through these issues.
HOW MUCH: There will be a $7 charge that will accompany registration for the event. This $7 will include lunch and books.
• Gospel-centrality in life and the church
• Discerning what ministries to prioritize in the church, associations, denominations?
• Great Commission Resurgence
• How the Gospel should affect budgets: church, personal, a denomination, etc.
• Cooperative Program and Great Commission Giving
• Challenges facing the SBC in next year
• Why should I stay in the SBC when there are others doing great mission work?