John Piper has written some 50+ books (!) in his lifetime, and apparently he is far from putting down the pen. Beginning this week, Piper will be on an eight-week writing leave where he will be working on a seven potential writing projects this year. They are:
1. Sightings of the Sovereignty of God – in depth look at divine providence
2. Reasonings with Jesus: Thinking for the Glory of Christ – Piper writes:
The idea would be to provide a plea, perhaps especially to younger people, to devote their best mental efforts to understanding and living out the Christian faith.
3. Children’s Book – likely in poetic form
4. Collection of Ruth Poems
5. Race and Diversity in the Church
6. Justification – this time focusing on role of faith (vs. works)
7. Romans – a four-volume set of his 225 (I think) sermons on the book
Let’s pray for Piper and those whose writings have been and continue to be used for the edification of the Church and spread of the Gospel.