I am pleased to announce the 3rd fellowship of the Band of Bloggers will be taking place this year in conjunction with The Gospel Coalition National Conference. This meeting has been in the works for several months, and I am excited to see what this year has in store.
The theme for this year’s meeting is “Servants & Stewards” based off 1 Corinthians 4:1 which says:
This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.
Here is the general information about the meeting. Be sure to mark your calendars and register early should you desire to attend:
“Servants & Stewards”
2009 Band of Bloggers Fellowship
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 :: 12:00-2:00
Rosemont Conference Center :: Chicago, IL
(in conjunction with The Gospel Coalition Conference)
Unlike the previous meetings, we are structuring the fellowship to address specific issues related to how we can be more faithful servants of Christ in what we write and how we can be more effective communicators of the gospel with which we’ve been entrusted. Here are the issues and those who will be addressing them (see also panel page for bio summaries):
1. Servants and Stewards: Maximizing your blog in service to Christ (Timmy Brister)
2. How can we blog for the glory of God? (Justin Taylor)
3. Improving usability: How to write so people can read (Mike Anderson)
4. How can you use your blog for the edification of the church? (Tim Challies)
5. How can you make your site more accessible and visible? (Eric Johnson)
6. Why should pastors blog? (Tullian Tchividjian)
7. What is the place for art and culture in Christian blogging? (Steve McCoy)
8. How can bloggers steward the teaching of the young, old, and the dead? (Tony Reinke)
Following these brief presentations, there will be a time of Q&A and discussion to go deeper into this theme. One of the great benefits of BoB fellowships is the opportunity to meet and network with other gospel-centered bloggers from across the country. Lunch will be provided during the fellowship as well.
A couple of new things that I’ve added to the website is a blog directory for the gospel-centered bloggers who have attended in year’s past, which will be updated on a regular basis. Also, if you would like to help promote Band of Bloggers by getting the word out on your blog, you can get the code and/or images for your site. There is a banner (800×216), sidebar button (150×75), and square ad (125×125).
In the coming weeks, we will be contacting various publishers, ministries, and organizations about partnering or sponsoring Band of Bloggers. If you would like more information about doing just that, contact me at thegospeltrust[at]gmail[dot]com.